Mushroom curry can be made tastier by adding a little minced meat. Beef and mushroom are a classic combination; but mutton mince works equally well.
- Mushroom, quartered 250g
- Mutton, cooked and minced 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 large or 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tomato, pureed 1 large or 2 medium
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Masala powders (6 nos) – Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp, Chilli powder 1/2 tsp, Kashmiri chilli powder 1/2 tsp, Coriander powder 1 tsp, Pepper powder 1/2 tsp, Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- For garnish
- Capsicum – red, yellow and green diced small lightly fried in oil
- Coriander leaves
 Heat oil in a kadai and sauté the onions till light brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté well. Add salt.
 Add all the masala powders and mix well
 Mix in the tomato puree. Let the gravy simmer till the oil separates
 Add the mushrooms and stir.
 Sauté the minced mutton in a pan with some oil, a sprinkle of salt and garam masala, till it becomes dry. Be careful with the salt, we have already salted the mushroom gravy.
 Add the minced meat to the mushroom gravy.
 Add the chopped coriander leaves, mix well and take off the stove.
 In the same pan used for the minced meat heat little oil and sauté the diced capsicum for a few minutes till they become soft. Add to the dish as garnish along with fresh coriander leaves.
This can be a tasty side dish for chapattis or ghee rice. Easy to make. Try it out !!
Till next post, take care !!